Be a hunter-gatherer
You already have enough content out there, even if you haven’t exactly written in a book format.
What existing content do you have?
- Blogs – Re-order, structure and add content like linking material, additional material to beef it up, expand, or actually remove things. I found a couple of old forgotten blogs, exported them as .xml and then imported them into a ‘holding blog’ until I decided what to do with all the content I had in them.
- Facebook – Scrape your feed, look at what you’ve saved. Go over your posts from holidays and use them as prompts to write up paragraphs and chapters.
- Journals – Of course. These are gold if you kept them. But, did you find Great Aunt Amelia’s journal from the last century? You can use that too!
- Handwritten recipes – Get these typed up and ordered into classifications. Add introductions to each recipe, tips, and family history, suggestions to alter. For some, not all. Add chapter introductions.
- Photos! – Use them to recapture and rewrite accounts of travels, holidays, even workshops or trainings that you conducted
- Wattpad – generate your content as novels. Bring your fans with you to Amazon!
All this is only a minuscule fraction of what you will achieve in my workshops!
Get on the VIP list, no pitch, no fuss, no obligation – just be the first to know! Don’t miss out!
Note: Yes you will be able to publish on your own without this, but it is much better if you really came – you will love it, and you will get a valuable overview that will help you decide whether self-publishing is for you!